Paperback and Ebook Formatting
I’m now formatting in Vellum and have adjusted my rates accordingly. All ebooks include mobi and epub files.
*There is a $10 rush fee if you need any Vellum package done the same day you contact me.
Vellum Ebook/Paperback Basic Package
- If you want just basic formatting without any graphics. – $25
Vellum Ebook/Paperback Choices Package
- If you want choices in the “styles” I use in Vellum, and you already have the graphics you want to use for the chapters, scene breaks, and title page, this is the package for you. – $35
Vellum Ebook/Paperback Star Package
- If you want me to find images for your chapter headers or scene breaks, I can search for those and help you decide what works best. This package also includes if you want a full image title page for your paperbacks. – $50
Vellum Ebook/Paperback Anthology
- Have an anthology you need formatted? This is the option for you! Vellum can do anthology formats with ease. With this package you can have a full page image title page with all of the authors names on it. If you have the title treatment available in as PNG by itself, that would work great. This package also allows you to pick out a single chapter image to use throughout the book and a single scene break image from DepositPhoto. – $55
Vellum Ebook Box Sets
- Please contact me about pricing for box sets (email@example.com). Pricing for a box set is all dependent on how many books are in the box set and the word count of the entire file.
InDesign Paperback (and Vellum ebook combo)
InDesign allows me to add graphics in places that Vellum might not. If you need something special done for paperbacks, then I’ll need to do it in InDesign. This program allows for a full bleed if you have graphics that go to the edge of the page. Pricing below lists just the paperback and then combo pricing beside it if you need ebook as well.
- KDP under 30K — $40 ($60 with InDesign PB and Vellum ebook)
- KDP under 70K — $50 ($70 with InDesign PB and Vellum ebook)
- KDP over 70K — $70 ($90 with InDesign PB and Vellum ebook)
- KDP over 120K — $90 ($110 with InDesign PB and Vellum ebook)
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU…
YOUR DOCUMENT: Does it have everything?
- Books also by Author section
- Blurb (if you want it in the interior of the book)
- About the Author
- You can send me a picture of yourself if you’d like that included on this page.
- Links to Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website, Newsletter, etc.
- Please make sure the links are fully typed out.
- Ex. “Facebook: facebook.com/authorjlaslie” instead of “Facebook“.
- Landing page (link) to the series (no Amazon links).
- And last but not least, please make sure the file you send is the final file.
- I give clients 7 days from receipt of the files to look them over. Within those 7 days, I’ll make any formatting corrections that need to be made free of charge. If the corrections were no fault of my own, like typos, there will be an additional charge to correct those regardless if it’s within the 7 day time frame.
- EBOOK COVER: This is a must have (I don’t need the full wrap, even if I’m doing your paperback)
- Optional Graphics: Please send any graphics needed as separate .png or .jpg attachments and mark them as whether they are for your chapter header, scene breaks, or title page. If you need to search for graphics you’d like me to use, please use AdobeStock of DepositPhoto and send me links to the images in your email or the # associated with the image.
- Chapter Graphic (optional)
- Scene Divider (optional)
- Any other images you’d like included such as maps or family trees that are a part of the story. (optional)
- TRIM SIZE: If I’m formatting your book for paperback as well, I’ll need your trim size (ex. 6″ x 9″ -or- 5.25″ x 8″). Please include this information in your email when you send me your file.
- PACKAGE: In your email, also let me know which package above you’re choosing so I know what amount to invoice you.
- PAYPAL: And include your PayPal email address.
All files can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only email me files if you’ve spoken to me beforehand about formatting your book and I’ve put you on my schedule.